This will be the last of my review series… for now. Hopefully my boss liked them enough to let me do more. I wanted to talk about bottle caps, specifically the S3, and how important they are for not only retailers, but for bars and nightclubs as well. You not only have a need to prevent theft, but also a responsibility to keep alcohol out of the hands of those who are not legally able to purchase it.
1. The S3 bottle cap has been the industry standard for well over a decade now.
2. Application is quick and easy, with no fuss. Removal is just as simple at the POS. No complicated tools or an advanced degree in tag removal is needed.
3. Three sizes – Small, large and extra-large. With three different sizes, there really isn’t a bottle of booze out there that you can’t secure. From the smaller bottle of vodka, to the biggest bottle of champagne, there will be a size to fit your need.
4. Visible deterrent – the tag makes a statement. That statement is “you can’t steal me”. If a thief sees that your product is secured with a bottle cap, they will most likely not try to steal it.
5. Can be used in the retail store, bar or nightclub as a way to discourage both external and internal theft.
6. Benefit denial – there’s that phrase again. I just love the way it rolls off my tongue. Your thief will break the bottle and spill the booze before they will be able to remove this tag.
1. Product protection in liquor stores, or retailers that sell alcohol. Trust me when I say alcohol theft is through the roof. Some of my biggest shoplifting cases were from alcohol theft.
2. Bars/Nightclubs – protection against internal/external theft of alcohol. I’ve seen a guy try to lift a bottle of whiskey from my local watering hole once. Let’s say things go a little different when you try to steal from a family owned bar….
3. Minor protection – Ever think that a couple of teenagers can come into the store and find some liquor that isn’t secured. Maybe they don’t steal it per se, but they help themselves to a few shots before leaving. Then they get into an accident on the road and seriously injure someone. You could potentially be on the hook for civil penalties.
1. You can’t defeat the bottle cap without damaging or ruining the product. I’ve seen a shoplifter start beating a bottle of gin on the ground once, trying to get the tag off. I didn’t, and the glass shattered and his booze spilled everywhere and he cut his hand. It was awesome.
2. Deterrent – the physical presence of the tag will make a shoplifter think twice. Not only do they have to think about leaving the store without the alarm going off, but they also have to figure out how to get the tag off! It’s really too much trouble for a drink.
3. Customer experience – I hate having to wait for a manager to unlock a case, or wait for someone to come remove a product from a keeper. With a solid bottle cap, you don’t have to put your customers through that. You can proudly and confidently display your liquor without the fear of it growing legs.
This is really another product that I don’t have anything negative to say about. It’s sturdy, it’s effective and it does its job. What more could you want in a security tag? If you are a liquor store, or really any store that carries the goods, you would be doing yourself a great favor by adding these tags to your physical security measures.
For more information about Bottle Caps, contact us or call 1.866.914.2567